Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB) opened its doors in 1972 and is located in the city of l‘Hospitalet de Llobregat. The hospital employs over 5,000 healthcare professionals and is one of only five hospitals in Catalonia that is certified, equipped and staffed to treat highly complex cases and perform surgeries requiring the use of the latest technology, such as cardiac surgery, thoracic surgery, neurosurgery and transplants.
Top Five Achievements
Polytex helped Bellvitge University Hospital to achieve these goals
- Increase storage capacity of workwear items
- Optimize use of valuable floor space
- Signigicant reduction in workwear stock levels
- Improved convenience and employee satisfaction
- Higher level of hygiene and less risk of contamination
The Polytex solution helped us to save optimize the storage of workwear items for the new clinic. That was our initial goal when we chose Polytex. Later we were realized how the Polytex actually modernized our entire workwear management process. The results are really amazing. Employees now enjoy the 24/7 availability of clean workwear and the hospital benefits from a significant improvement in operational efficiency.
Manager of Hospitality Services
Bellvitge hospital undertook an ambitious project of expansion to enlarge its facilities to cover a physical area of more than 40,000m2. This development project included building of a new private clinic and improvement of the workwear management system to support a workforce of 5,000 hospital staff.
- Reduce Workwear Storage Space: Workwear items occupied a large room taking up more than 120m2 of valuable space. The hospital specified a need to reduce the “physical footprint” of all workwear and laundry activities.
- Eliminate Manual Processes: The hospital decided to eliminate costly and time-consuming manual workwear managment processes.
- Increase Availability of Workwear Items: Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the hospital decided to increase the supply and distribution of workwear items to employees by approximately 60%
To meet the requirements of the hospital modernization project, Polytex made these recommendations:
- Automated Units: Polytex recommended the hospital deploy three D200 Dispensing units and four R110 Return units. These units enable the hospital to automate the workwear management process and optimize the use of space.
- Distributed Locations: To increase convenience and save time for employees, Polytex identified 2 ideal locations for the distribution and return of workwear items.
- Inventory Management: To improve the supply of workwear items, Polytex recommended the hospital introduce a computerized inventory management system.
- Usage Tracking: To track usage of workwear items, Polytex recommended integration of the Polytex Manager application with the dispensing and return units and inventory system.
The deployment of the Polytex solution had a significant impact on the daily operation of the new clinic facilities. The Polytex solution achieved these results:
- High Capacity and Low Footprint
- The Polytex dispensing and return units led to a dramatic increase in storage capacity of workwear items with optimal use of valuable floor space.
- Efficient Inventory Management
- The computerized inventory management system for non-personalized workwear items led to higher availability and a significant reduction in stock levels.
- Increased Personal Convenience
- The distribution of Polytex units increased convenience and improved satisfaction for hospital employees.
- Higher Level of Hygiene
- The distribution of sealed garments and hands-free distribution led to a higher level of hygiene and less risk of contamination.
Get a Free Consultation
from a Polytex Expert
For further information about Polytex products send us an email message.Send Email